11 Steps to Get Top 10 Rankings on Google in 2015
11 Steps to Get Top 10 Rankings on Google in 2015
If you have any problems with getting high rankings, or if you lost them after any of the Google updates, regardless whether you’re new to SEO or you are a SEO expert, make sure to carefully read this guide and follow all advice given to get in the Top 10 on Google.
We’ve got many customers who have successfully achieved the Top 10 on Google with us, but we also have some who didn’t. Every month we carefully study and analyze every factor that influences on the success and failure of each and every one of our customers. Every time we find out something new, we update this guide (last update: February 1, 2015). We aim at revealing the most important reasons WHY some people cannot succeed in getting ranked in Google Top 10 and what exactly you need to do – and how to do it – in order to successfully achieve #1 on Google in 2015!
Note: it’s vital to follow each of the following 11 steps. Ignoring even just one of them may result in failure to be ranked Top 10 on Google. Request a FREE dedicated SEO expert, who will select the best PR1-PR8 backlinks for you from our inventory or even manage your entire SEO campaign, performing 11 extra SEO services for you, for FREE. He’ll follow each of the following 11 steps for you and lead your site to Top rankings on Google for all of your keywords.
1. Find out the cost of Top 10 for your keywords
First of all, you need to make a competition research in order to find and focus on those keywords, which you can afford. Using ourFree SEO Cost Calculator Tool you can find out how many links you need and how much it will cost you to outrank your competition.
This step is very important since it will allow you to choose the right niche and right keywords that you can afford and succeed with them. For example, at first you may want to target a keyword like ‘link building’, but after doing some research, you may find out it’s too competitive and you’ll want to switch to some other, less competitive keyword, say ‘link building service USA’. Doing this research cansave you thousands of dollars because the difference in price for different keywords can be as huge as $10,000 for one keyword and only $100 for anotherlong-tail keyword. So, find out how much it will cost you and how many links you’ll need to outrank your competition using our Free SEO Cost Calculator. For more info on how to choose the right keywords, check out this 7 Rules for Selecting The Best Keywords.
2. Prepare a detailed link building plan
As it is well known, a good plan is 50% of success. Whereas, doing a lot of activities without a plan may even harm your website rankings. Doing SEO for many years and helping hundreds of business owners getting #1 on Google for their most important keywords, we’ve made so many link building plans that decided to develop a free and powerful tool that will help you get a detailed, professional link building plan for your exact situation, taking into account your exact keywords, website, competition and what’s most important, your budget. So now we’re glad to let you know that our Free SEO Cost Calculator will not only calculate the cost of Top 10 on Google for your keywords, but it will also provide you with a detailed link building plan that you can easily follow on a weekly basis on your way to the Top of Google search results.
3. Build links gradually and steadily
Once you’ve got a detailed link building plan, you can start getting backlinks. But don’t hurry up, to look natural to Google, your link building must be performed slowly and steadily. Our Free SEO Cost Calculator will let you know the recommended speed of link building for your exact website. As a general recommendation, we can say that for a campaign to look natural, you should build not more than 5 links a day. Use our Automatic Link Building Scheduler to make sure your campaign looks natural. It’s also recommended to start your campaign with low PR backlinks (PR1-PR4), and then, in 1-2 months to start acquiring backlinks with higher PageRanks (PR5-PR7). For more detailed link building strategy, use our Free SEO Cost Calculator.
4. Get backlinks with different, unique anchor texts & different keywords
If you’re a SEO professional or want to become one, learn more about Natural Anchor Text Distribution Formula here. If you don’t want to become a SEO expert and want to just rank high in Google SERPs, then we can simplify a difficultNatural Anchor Text Distribution Formula for you and tell you that for your backlink profile to look natural to Google, you need follow just 4 simple rules:
- Always acquire links for different, unique anchor texts. For example, if your keyword is ‘link building service’ and you provide it mostly for US business owners, then your anchor texts may look like this:
link building service for USA
USA link building service
link building in USA
building links in USA
USA link building
service of building links in USA
USA service of link building
link builing for USA customers
buy links from this USA link building service
great link building service
affordable link building service
high quality link building service, etc.
- 25% of your anchors should include the URL of your website or even just consist of your URL only. Examples:
www.LinksManagement.com provides high quality link building
get quality links using http://www.LinksManagement.com
- 25% of your anchors should include your brand name or domain name of your website. Examples:
LinksManagement provides high quality link building
LinksManagement specialize in link building
link building service at LinksManagement.com
quality link building – LinksManagement.com
- And for your promotion to look natural, you should also always use multiple different keywords in each link building campaign. You can use synonyms or close terms. Examples:
link popularity service
link building for SEO
improve ranking with link building
get high quality backlinks
best link building, etc.
Learn more about how to choose the best anchor texts.
NEW 5. Use synergic effect of Google Penguin 2.0 when 1800 links can make you rank #1 for 25000 of keywords
Incredible fact, revealed in the recent SEO research: the researched website promgirl.com is in the Top 20 of Google SERPs for more than 25,000 of keywords(according to SEMRush) and gets more than 1,500,000 of visitors monthly with only1,800 of referring domains. If you divide 25000 keywords by 1800 links, you’ll see that it means that only 1 backlink gives Top 20 positions for 14 keywords at once for promgirl.com.
How can this be? 1 link gives 14 Top positions on Google? Sounds incredible? Then check out this research and make sure of everything by yourself!
Explanation of synergic effect of Google Penguin 2.0: according to Natural Anchor Text Distribution Formula, for your backlink profile to look natural to Google, the anchor texts of most backlinks should include your website URL, brand name, domain name and many other keywords, not connected with your main targeted keyword. It means that if your website already has many such backlinks with URL, brand name and other keywords, then any new links that you build with your targeted keywords used in the anchor texts, will significantly improve your website positions on Google for MANY keywords at once:
- for ALL of your existing keywords used in old backlinks
- plus for ALL keywords, used on your website in your content
- plus for ALL long tail keywords.
That’s why now you can get so incredible results on Google as 25,000 of keywords in Top 20 with only 1,800 backlinks and 1,5 million of monthly visitors. However, to get such results as promgirl.com did, you need to do all what they did:
- Follow Natural Anchor Text Distribution Formula (or let our SEO experts run your campaign for you and take care about that).
- Always increase the number of referring domains your website has (we recommend permanent links for this purpose).
- To keep your campaign look natural and be effective, you need to also follow the rest of the rules, described in this guide or let our SEO experts do the whole work for you.
Note: synergic effect can only be achieved if you follow all of the rules, described in this guide and if you get significant amount of backlinks.
6. Surround your links with content
If possible, surround your links with some keyword-rich content. Links surrounded with some content look more natural to Google. If this content includes yourtargeted keywords, then it will add additional link juice to your backlinks.
During links purchase at http://cp.linksmanagement.com you will be able to insert up to 250 of characters from the left side of the link and 250 from the right side of the link. So your anchor text backlink will be surrounded with 500 of characters of unique, relevant content. This makes sure that links acquired at LinksManagement will look absolutely natural to Google and significantly improve your website rankings on Google, as well as on other search engines.
7. Get backlinks from pages with various Google PageRank
Only high PR or low PR links in your backlink profile may seem suspicious to Google. That’s why your backlinks have to come from web pages with different Google PR. Moreover, most of your links should come from PR0 and PR1 pages to look natural for Google. Only around 10% of your links should come from high PR pages with PR4 and higher. If your current backlink profile doesn’t correspond to this recommendation, don’t remove existing links – it’s better to just build new ones with those PageRanks you don’t have enough of for your link profile to start looking natural to Google.
Natural PageRank Distribution Formula
|Google PR of the
|Quantity of Backlinks|
Learn more about natural PageRank distribution.
8. 20% of links should point to the inner pages of your website
80% of links should point to the homepage, and 20% – to inner pages of your website. This rule is especially important for large sites with many webpages. From our research we see that sites that have backlinks pointing to all pages of their website, including inner pages, have much better rankings on Google than those that have all backlinks pointing only to their homepages.
Our research has shown that on average around 20% of your backlinks should point to your inner pages in order for your backlink profile to look natural to Google. Download these sample reports with natural and unnatural backlink profiles and you’ll see that, for example, seventeen.com has around 17% of backlinks, pointing to their sub pages, morilee.com – 13%, promgirl.com – 18%. All these sites have great positions on Google. During our research we’ve noticed that sites with a huge percentage of backlinks pointing to their homepages and very little percentage of backlinks pointing to their subpages had much worserankings then their competitors with even lower number of backlinks but more natural looking backlink profiles (i.e. with higher percentage of backlinks, pointing to their subpages).
9. You won’t rank high without on-page optimization
Google today is not like it was before. Nowadays, only off-page optimization (i.e. backlinks) is NOT enough to rank high on Google. Whatever number of links you get, you will NOT get in the Top 10 without implementing a proper on-page SEO. So make sure to:
- Create at least 50 pages with unique content (each page should include at least 500 words). The more content, the better.
- Always fill your website with only unique content and update it as often as possible.
- Get rid of all the duplicated content or close it from indexing, using a robots.txt file. It is not just advice. It’s a sharp necessity! After the Panda 3.6 update having been launched by Google there is no way for the sites with duplicated content to be in Google Top 10. So, pay attention to the quality of your site content because the importance of this factor grows up from day to day. Use either this free content duplicate checker tool or copyscape to find and get rid of all the duplicate content.
- Create a sitemap (using sitemap generators) and upload it to Google.
- Optimize your website for your targeted keywords.
10. Avoid these 5 mistakes
Most people stop their link building campaign because they think it doesn’t work, but in fact in most cases it doesn’t work because of one of the following reasons:
- The number of purchased links is not enough to get the Top 10 rankings on Google. Use the Free SEO Cost Calculator to find out the number of links which you need in order to get in the Top 10 and make sure you acquire those links before you decide how well your campaign is performing. Without building the amount of backlinks, necessary to outrank your competition, your investments are just useless and pointless. Learn more.
- Your newly purchased links stayed alive for less than 3 months. In this case you won’t see any results because Google ignores links, which are younger than 3 months old.
- Your backlink profile may be over-optimized with exact anchor text match. You can check whether it is or not using our Free SEO Cost Calculator. If your website has this penalty, our tool will let you know how to get rid of it.
- If new links were built, but your website has very low or no traffic at all, you won’t see any positive improvement on Google either. The links cannot appear from nowhere, so when Google sees no or too low traffic on your site, but many new backlinks appearing, it will consider them as unnatural. Make sure to increase your traffic along with the number of backlinks.
- Google has developed its algorithms so that it is now using psychological pressure – when you get new backlinks, at first your rankings drop down, and only with some time they come back and get higher than they were before. Our clients, as well as experts at SEOmoz and other SEO resources and forums, noticed this too. Google actually says about this in their own patent 8,244,722. So when your rankings start to dance (drop down, improve, again drop down and again improve, etc.), it means that everything is going fine. Just stick to your planned link building plan and, with some time, your situation will become more and more stable. Learn more about 4 reasons why your site rankings may drop.
11. Never give up before you complete your link building plan
One of the most popular and harmful SEO mistakes that people ever make, is that theySTOP their link building campaign BEFORE it can actually yield any significant results. SEO is a long-term investment, not a short-term. You cannot buy 10 links today and see the results tomorrow. Even this happens sometimes, but in general SEO is activity that should be planned for a long-term and should be performed during quite a long period of time (at least 3-6 months, better – 12 months) for you to see significant results and start getting your investment back.
That’s why you should keep your link building plan until it’s fully completedbefore you decide how well it works. In SEO you will always see the real results of your activities with several months of delay. If you do something right now, you’ll see the results from this only in a couple of months, but not tomorrow or even in a week.
Also, keep in mind that sometimes, and usually quite often, your website rankings are going to drop down because this is how Google works nowadays — your rankings will regularly jump up and down (sometimes quite significantly) during your way to the Top until you gain high enough Google Trust Rank (which can only be achieved with time, significant amount of backlinks and natural anchor text distribution).
So keep your link building plan until you achieve the #1 on Google and also make sure to download this report with 11 Most Costly SEO Mistakes 99% of People Make.
Finally, track the results and remember about 3 things
- You should expect to see rankings improvement from your link building campaign and not traffic increase, because you won’t see any traffic increase even if you get from position #984 to #9 on Google since only the first 3 spots get significant traffic. Check out Google Traffic Distribution stats.
- You should automatically track your site ranking changes throughout the first 100-200 search results using some tool, but not manually throughout the first 10-50 search results because of 3 important reasons, described here.
- You should keep your link building plan until it’s fully completed before you decide how well it works. It’s so important that we wanted to highlight this once again – you should NOT expect to see the results quickly because it just doesn’t work with Google like that. Making a decision too quickly is one of the most popular SEO mistakes that people ever make.
CÁC CHUYÊN MỤC